Registration is now closed. Please contact UPSC Club President Chris Lilley with any questions.
The University Place Soccer Club offers recreational and competitive teams for girls and boys, ages 5-17. Our club is affiliated with Tacoma-Pierce County Junior Soccer Association (TPCJSA) and Washington Youth Soccer (WYS). Consistent with the rules of those organizations our teams are formed based on the age of the players prior to August 1 of the seasonal year. (The current seasonal year is 2012). For example a player that is 9 years old on July 30, 2012, regardless of when their birthday is, will play in the Under 10 league (U10) for the 2012 season. That would apply even if that same player turns 10 the very next day on August 1. Similarly a player who has her 10th birthday on July 30, 2012 will play at U11 for the 2012 season. Please be aware that UPSC does not have the authority to waive the age requirement, regardless of the circumstances.
Please review the age group table below to confirm the correct age group for your child before you begin the registration process.
|Age Group||2012 - 2013 Season|
|U18 (Age 17)||8/1/1994 - 7/31/1995|
|U17 (Age 16)||8/1/1995 - 7/31/1996|
|U16 (Age 15)||8/1/1996 - 7/31/1997|
|U15 (Age 14)||8/1/1997 - 7/31/1998|
|U14 (Age 13)||8/1/1998 - 7/31/1999|
|U13 (Age 12)||8/1/1999 - 7/31/2000|
|U12 (Age 11)||8/1/2000 - 7/31/2001|
|U11 (Age 10)||8/1/2001 - 7/31/2002|
|U10 (Age 9)||8/1/2002 - 7/31/2003|
|U9 (Age 8)||8/1/2003 - 7/31/2004|
|U8 (Age 7)||8/1/2004 - 7/31/2005|
|U7 (Age 6)||8/1/2005 - 7/31/2006|
|U6 (Age 5)||8/1/2006 - 7/31/2007|
IMPORTANT PLAYER REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
- Registration can ONLY be completed through the online registration module.
- Players new to WYS need to provide the Club Registrar with a copy of a State Issued Birth Certificate, Passport or Military issued Dependent ID to verify the players Date of Birth. We cannot except Baptismal or Hospital Certificates for proof of Date of Birth. All documents provided will be returned. Contact the UPSC Registrar at UPSCReg@gmail.com to make arrangements for providing the necessary proof of age.
- Players will not be officially registered and placed on a team until registration payment is received and, in the case of new players to WYS, age verification is completed. Please remember checks will need to clear our bank before the registration process will be considered complete.
- Returning players must register by June 1, 2012 to be guaranteed a position on last year's team.
- Coaches will notify players in late July or early August for practice times and locations for the recreational teams. The season will begin the first weekend after Labor Day and run until the weekend prior to Thanksgiving for most recreational teams.
- Players will be allowed to "play up" to a higher age group a maximum of one year and at the approval of UPSC. Players who wish to "play up" must register in the appropriate age group for their current age, not the age they wish to play at. ALL PLAYERS MUST REGISTER FOR THEIR CORRECT AGE GROUP. If a player wishes to play up the request can be made to UPSC through the coach of the team they wish to play for or directly to the UPSC Registrar at UPSCReg@gmail.com. Players will not be allowed to play down at any age.
- Any questions about the registration process can be directed to the UPSC Registrar at UPSCReg@gmail.com.
2012-2013 REGISTRATION FEES:
- U6 through U8: $35 per player
- U9 and U10: $60 per player
- U11: $70 per player
- U12 and above: $95 per player
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER